Prizes for best “geo-tweets” (+ FB wall posts) June 10, 2011Posted by ClustrMaps Team in : Uncategorized , trackback
Get a top listing from our high-page-rank site, plus a free upgrade to ClustrMaps+ (better maps, no ads).
We know how enthusiastic our users are about their ClustrMaps. Now we’re going to reward you for that enthusiasm.
Each week we will reward the best tweet(s) [or Facebook wall posting(s) to http://www.facebook.com/ClustrMaps] about specific map/visitor information with an upgrade to ClustrMaps+ (better maps, no ads), plus links and announcements on our site, notably all of our large map pages, thereby guaranteeing more than 100,000 views of the winning link(s) each week .
[UPDATE: see winning entries here]
All you need to do is tweet some relevant/motivating/proud/curious information about your own map. Here’s an example of such a tweet, and further below we provide details of the rules, judging and prizes:
- Indonesia overtakes US with 1240 visitors tracked by our #clustrmaps http://bit.ly/k0zLSr
(That’s a real example from 10th June – normally Twitter itself will automatically shorten the URLs for you… the above URL expands to http://www2.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://clustrmaps.com)
Other examples, using that same URL as of 10th June 2011 (the numbers involved may of course change by the time you read this):
- First visitor this month from Iraq! #clustrmaps http://bit.ly/k0zLSr
Will my Africa visitors ever overtake South America #clustrmaps http://bit.ly/k0zLSr
(inspired by a tweet from @HurikaneElSwiss)
Need 1 visitor from Guyane to complete S. America #clustrmaps http://bit.ly/k0zLSr
1. The tweet must be a normal-length tweet (140 characters or less). [For Facebook wall posting(s) to http://www.facebook.com/ClustrMaps, keep it similarly short].
2. It must have something to do with the map of visitors to your own (normal) website, blog or page, i.e. that site itself need not be connected with Twitter in any way other than that is the one where you normally publish or write something.
3. It must include
the hashtag #clustrmaps@clustrmaps to come to our attention (be careful about the spelling: there is no letter ‘e’) – NOTE: we previously specified the hashtag #clustrmaps, which we will still look for, but strongly urge you to use the Twitter ‘reply’ convention @clustrmaps instead to bring your posting more easily to our attention.
4. It must linclude the URL of your big world map, i.e. the one that looks something like this:
(… of course the full URL can be shortened by any URL-shortening service like bit.ly or indeed Twitter itself will shorten it for you)
5. You must NOT tweet about this subject more than once per day, to avoid spam/overload
6. Judging will be provided by the ClustrMaps Team. The decision of the judges is final.
7. No one connected to the ClustrMaps Team in any way (personal real-world/face-to-face friends or relations) will be considered for a prize.
A winner (or winners if there are more than one) will be selected weekly, on Monday each week beginning 20th June 2011.
The prize each week will be an upgrade to ClustrMaps+ (better maps, continent zooms, no ads, more frequent updates), and a link and listing via a combination of blog posting, Twitter and Facebook mentions, and (most importantly) a link and announcement on all of our large world map pages for the week following the announcement. This link means that the notification will be seen on more than 100,000 page views that week.
OK… start tweeting!
Sorry comments are closed for this entry