The National Safety Council released a new video series called “Understanding Distracted Driving,” available for free on YouTube or for download here. The 12-segment series answers the most frequently asked questions surrounding cell phone use while driving, including:
- Why cell phones are different than other distractions
- The myth behind multitasking
- How conversations with passengers differ from cell phone conversations
- Details on employee policies and elements of effective policies
- How to set an example as a parent
The video series is just one of many free resources NSC offers. Check out other offerings:
Cell Phone Policy Kit – This kit has everything you need to implement a comprehensive cell phone policy that employees embrace.
“Understanding the distracted brain” white paper – A look at the research behind distracted driving, which shows why our brains are incapable of multitasking and why hands-free devices offer no safety benefit.
Posters – These PDFs can be downloaded and shared or printed out.
Advocacy videos – Share these stories of families who have lost loved ones because of drivers distracted by cell phone conversations and texting.
Distracteddriving.nsc.org – Find even more research, information about state laws and more at the NSC site.
What can you do with these free resources?
- Download the videos and post them to your company intranet
- Promote the video series through your company website
- “Share” the videos via Facebook so your friends and family can learn more
- Encourage others to share the materials too
We encourage you to share these resources widely! Help put an end to this deadly behavior.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under News, Resources, Victim story. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.