Sunday, January 13, 2013

1st Grade Fantabulous: Fake Snow and Freebies

You know you're making a connection with your teachers when your teachers send you links to sites they're following.  Included is just that.  One can't ignore the power of sharing.  It invites collaboration and elevates best practice to another level.  Inspiration is contagious.  It inspires motivation.  Motivation creates passion.  Why do some teachers easily self-ignite their inner passion and others do not?  That's a million dollar question.  Excellence in the classroom is hard work.  No one would disagree with that.  It also requires us to be responsive to change.  Educators must acknowledge that we have a singleness of purpose;  that is, to inspire the love for learning in students.  I am reminded of the quote, "I don't teach.  I inspire."  We have the means to move students.  We study and research interventions other schools are emulating.  One of the first things a baby learns to do is to copy or mimic.  We are all natural born copy cats.   I believe it was Harry Wong who said our children are "endangered species".   Kids are like popcorn.  Some pop early and some pop late.  It's our job to meet the diverse learning needs of our students.  Our students are our best assets.  I will close with a quote from this teacher's blog, "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."  1st Grade Fantabulous: Fake Snow and Freebies: I am so excited about writing tonight.  Mostly because I made someone's day, I tried an experiment, and I had two people post what they woul...

No comments: